Last Saturday morning was awesome. It was niceSERVE. Our church designates certain Saturday's of the year where we go out into the community and serve in different projects.

At 8:30 a.m. more than 800 people (kids and adults) in their green
niceSERVE T-Shirts were sent from Summit to scatter throughout the city,
in hopes of making a difference for the kingdom. Our family project was for The Center For Independent Living :http://www.cilorlando.org/. It's a wonderful organization that helps people with disabilities. From providing workshops to giving away equipment (wheelchairs, walkers, hearing aids etc..), they seek to help those with special needs learn independence so they don't have to feel defined by their circumstances. Most of the organization is run by volunteers and they are doing great things.

Our group helped clean and organize one of the storage rooms along with some yard work. We had 6 kids (ages 4-10), and 8 adults. The kids did a great job and I'm so glad they are starting to see the how and why we serve one another.
People matter to God period.

It was amazing how much 14 human beings could accomplish in 2 1/2 hours when working together. NiceServe is a continual reminder of that.

At the end of the day, I'm thankful for the love and compassion I have for people I may or may not ever see again, and for the blessing and insight I've received from them.

Mark 10:45- "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

John 13:35 - "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

0 comments:

Post a Comment