Yesterday was so much fun! Especially for this sanguine girl! We celebrated the 4th a day early with great friends, endless food and explosives. This is a tradition we started about 3 years ago with our neighbors (The Mattingly's). The grills come out in the driveway, we eat until we're sick, then we eat some more while friends drop in and out.
When it starts getting dark, the kids light their sparklers, and then the "real" show begins.
Josh breaks out the Costco Fireworks...
Last year one of our friends surprised us and brought "other" fireworks. These were special. When he pulled them out of his backpack, I wondered why I hadn't seen them before at the Costco's.
I don't ever remember our fireworks looking like missiles? Apparently he had to drive out of the county to purchase them (which by the way I knew nothing about Mr. Officer).
Here's what we experienced in my zero lot line neighborhood:
It was probably the greatest display of fireworks I had ever experienced (2nd only to my man's Costco TNT explosives :) I also think everyone within a 3 mile radius enjoyed it too. The highlight was when he lit a bottle rocket and it decided not to thrust into the sky. Instead it exploded on the road and sent 50+ people haulin hiney. After we realized what happened and took a head count, we laughed until we cried.
Time with family and friends is always an investment worth making. We were made for community and meant to do life together!
Hope your 4th is a great day!
1 comments:
This 4th of July marks 16 years from our first date. I thank God for you everyday. Also, your blog is awesome.
Post a Comment